Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most identified groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races and tribes which have been socially economically and educationally backward. The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream.
The SC-ST/OBC Cell has been established with the purpose to empower the SC-ST/OBC students in the college. The college takes special interest to encourage enrolling for career orientation programs, which would equip them with necessary skills to choose a career option.
- To counsel and guide SC-ST/OBC students and help them to manage academic and personnel issues of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event in the campus or outside the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To make aware the SC-ST/OBC students regarding various scholarship programs of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC’s order on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST & OBC students.
- To circulate State Govt. and UGC’s decision about different scholarships programs & other facilities.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
|1||Dr. D. G. Kulkarni||Chairman||9448230405|
|2||Dr. Suresh Mashyal||Member||9480221960|
|3||Prof: Manik Rajangale||Member||9591238348|
|4||Prof: Padiyappa Koogati||Member||9972454981|
|5||Prof: Sandhy Bevoor||Member||9480785986|